Mold is a very common concern for most Chicago homeowners, and it always seems to happen when you least expect it. But there are ways to secure your home against unwanted water damage. Here are a few tips to make sure your home is mold free. And if you find Chicago mold in your home, give RGC 24 a call for a free estimate and repair.
Mold Prevention Tips
- Act fast when a water leak happens in your Chicago home. The first 24-48 hours after a leak is critical as mold won’t usually grow in that period. After drying, periodically check the area to make sure no mold is growing.
- Mold can be growing in your dirty gutters. Make sure gutters are clear of debris and in good, working condition. Check them on a regular basis. Mold growing in the gutters can easily make its way into your home.
- Even if you aren’t in a flood prone area, if your property slopes toward your Chicago house, unwanted water could be gathering at the foundation. Keep it away by sloping the ground away from the house so water runs toward the street.
- Your air conditioning could be a big culprit in water damage and mold problems. Make sure the drip pans are clean and that the drain lines are clear and flowing properly.
- Ideally, your home’s humidity should hover between 30% and 50%. Keeping it at least below 60% is very important. If you don’t have one, you can pick up a humidity meter from the hardware store. It’s an inexpensive tool that can save you a lot of trouble later on.
- Monitor your Chicago home for moisture and condensation on windows, walls, or pipes. This is a sign of high humidity. Dry the area and look for the source to take further action.
If you are looking for Chicagoland mold remediation services then please call 800.708.4130 or complete our online request form.